Contributing Author: Gentle Heron
Most adults do not get the recommended 7 to 8 hours of high quality sleep each night. If you are sleeping more or less than the recommended amount, you are probably not functioning at full capacity. Here are some tips to help you sleep better and wake up feeling refreshed.
- Be physically active for 30 minutes most days. Try to schedule your exercise sessions at least 3 hours before bedtime.
- Limit caffeine in the morning and avoid it after noon. There are similar stimulants in nicotine and decongestants, so try to cut down.
- Don’t nap within 6-8 hours of bedtime, and limit your nap to 30 minutes.
- Eat dinner at the same time each day, and at least 2 or 3 hours before bedtime.
- Go to bed and get up at the same times every day. Don’t sleep in or stay up late on weekends.
Sleep problems are treatable. If these tips do not improve your sleep, please talk with your healthcare provider.
Image Source: Pixabay
Post a Comment
Got a Comment?