- Avoid overly processed foods. One way to tell: ingredients you can’t pronounce.
- Skip prepared foods with more than five ingredients. They are likely to be overly processed as well.
- Don’t believe the health claims on food packages. Do the research to find out what’s true and what’s only advertising hype.
- A cartoon on the package is a sure sign the product is being marketed to children. You’re an adult! You don’t need that stuff.
- Shop the outside perimeter of the store for healthy less-processed foods. Look higher and lower on shelves to find products that usually are the same as the popular brands on the eye-level shelves.
Friday, January 11, 2019
Tips: How to Eat Healthier in the New Year
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment
Got a Comment?