|Where do you want to go in life?|
The purpose of your life is a focus or guidance for living. It is like the mission statement of a company. Everyone should have one.
If you don’t know what your purpose in life is, then your current purpose should be to define your purpose. And here are some steps to help you get started toward a more purposeful life.
- Self-awareness is a prerequisite for a purposeful life. Make a list (in your journal or on your computer) of your answers to the following questions.
- What are your interests, the things that motivate you?
- What are your values that guide your decision-making and are the foundation of your resilience?
- What are your strengths, the core of your personality?
- Forming friendships with people who have a sense of purpose
- Spending time with supportive friends and avoiding those who are toxic
- Ignoring what others think of you
- Being optimistic
- Having a good sense of humor
- Being persistent toward your goals
- Expressing gratitude daily
- Whatever has been most important in your life (remember, positives only)
- Your most calm, peaceful experiences
- Your most exciting experiences
- People and places
- Activities and experiences
- Thoughts and ideas
- Sensory experiences
- What is important to me?
- What do I want to accomplish in my life?
- What impact do I want to have on the people in my life?
- What will be my legacy when my life is over?
- Who would the best possible “you” be?
Here are some additional resources:
Post a Comment
Got a Comment?