There are a wide variety of ways you can send someone a card.
- Postal Mail! You write someone a card in your own handwriting, put it in an envelope, add a stamp for just a few cents, and someone picks it up and delivers it for you! There's nothing more personal and enjoyable.
- Email! Who said you had to have a fancy "card"? All you need is to send them a note that you're thinking of them. You can add a picture of your own creation (got a cell phone or a camera?), doodles you can make in Windows Paint, the Mac equivalent, or some other application.
- Online eCard companies!
- https://www.americangreetings.com: this is a for-pay site only but it's pretty cheap and the quality is very good.
- https://www.punchbowl.com: cards and invitations are sent with advertisements to help them keep the site free. Some features are for-pay only, such as specialized cards, sending cards with pictures, or removing advertisements.
- And more: go to any search engine and look for "free online ecards."
- Social media sites such as FaceBook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- Are they nearby? Call ahead and drop a card off at their house!
- And more. Use your imagination and have fun with it.