Contributing Author: Alice Krueger
Follow these suggestions to protect yourself from flu:
- Most important: wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water. Frequently. If you can’t get to soap and water, use a waterless anti-bacterial cleanser.
- Take care of your overall health. Sleep enough, drink enough water, exercise enough, and eat healthy foods in moderation.
- Use cleansing wipes before touching shared objects such as shopping cart handles.
- Avoid being around people who are sick.
- To be kind to others, stay home if you are the one who is sick.
In some areas, your local drugstore or pharmacy may have flu shots available, often free - these inoculations can provide a measure of protection against this year's predicted flu strains. Check with your doctor first to make sure you have no conditions that prevent you from getting it.
Photo Credit: Pixabay
Post a Comment
Got a Comment?