The American Psychological Association (APA) has recognized the third week in April as Psychology Week. The purpose of this week is dedicated to raising the profile of psychology as a discipline and profession and celebrating psychology’s contributions that benefit society and improve the quality of our lives.
How can you participate in Psychology Week? Here are some suggestions.
- Read about the history of psychology.
- Learn how to become a psychologist, their job outlook, and many other fascinating facts.
- Use the hashtag #PsychologyWeek on social media to tell your contacts why psychology is important.
- Thank a psychologist for his or her contributions to individual and societal mental health.
- Participate in Psychology Day at the United Nations, Thursday, April 21, 8-11am SLT. This year’s theme is “Building Hope: Contributions to a Roadmap for Climate Action.” Register here to participate online: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_WH3mfMhBSoOuPdfM14w89w.
- Learn about the Veterans Administration’s fourth annual VA Psychology Recognition Week, April 18-22.