Contributing Author: Gentle Heron
For many people, New Year Resolutions just don’t work to help them make necessary or desired life changes. Instead, try making a SMART goal. A SMART goal is:
- Specific: Write down in detail what you are striving for and what it will look like when you achieve it.
- Measurable: Document how you will know when you’ve achieved the goal, and the subgoals along the way.
- Achievable: Create a step-by-step plan of how you will work toward the goal.
- Realistic: Be honest with yourself. Can you really reach this goal?
- Time-framed: Make a timeline. Put intermediate steps and daily activities in your calendar.
One goal at a time is all you need to impact your quality of life. Just be sure it’s a SMART goal./p>