IDRAC 2012 Presentation - 9:30 am PDT, August 4, 2012
Cindy Tandy is an Associate Professor of Social Work at Valdosta State University in Georgia. She is a gerontologist whose research areas include distance education, disability issues, and issues related to aging.
Scott Anstadt, Assistant Professor of Social Work at Florida Gulf Coast University, is co-author of “Towards a Research Agenda for Social Work Practice in Virtual Worlds.”
Tandy and Anstadt will conduct a panel discussion among support group leaders in Second Life. The panel will address the differences and similarities in facilitating support and/or discussion groups in SL and how to address the challenges of facilitating groups in SL. Panelists will respond in voice, with text transcription.
Invited panelists include:
- Fleet Goldenberg (Eduisland)
- Thunder Insippo (Virginia Society for Technology in Education)
- MusE Starsmith (Tricipian Centre)
- Spiff Whitfield (Virtual Pioneers)
- Kavon Zenovka (Virtual Worlds Best Practices in Education)